I got honored with Blogger Recognition Award in SEPTEMBER, and I just found out now! Thank you From Wine To Fine! If that doesn’t light a fire under my butt to blog more often, then I don’t know what will! If you’re asking “what is the blogger recognition award, Nicole?”, well, it is an award that is given from Bloggers, to other bloggers in recognition of all their hard work and the HOURS that is put into posts, and all the other hours just creating that blog and staying current. It takes a LOT of work, you guys! When I found out I was given this, it made me realize that maybe my blog IS appreciated and people DO read it, haha! Because if you blog, you’re always wondering “Is it worth it? All this time I put into the posts, all the hours writing. Is it worth it to keep going?” Receiving this award has given me an answer: YES IT IS WORTH IT, and I will keep on writing! 🙂
How My Blog Got Started
For years I always thought about creating a blog, but I never knew WHAT I would focus on, or what I would want to write about all the time. I liked to bake, but only once or twice every few months – definitely not consistent enough for that! I had been told a few times by different people I should start a blog, but I never went through with it. It wasn’t until I really got into my fitness journey, and found my passion for health and fitness! I was passionate about fueling my body properly, working out daily, and my overall mental health and self-love towards myself. Once I realized this, I was so excited to start my blog! I wanted to share everything I know to everyone, or whoever would read it! Since starting my blog, I’ve learned even more about myself and what I want to do with my life !
Two Pieces of Advice for New Bloggers
- Be real & be YOU! There’s nothing more boring than reading something that sounds like a robot wrote it… or something that is SO full of perfect sentences and perfect grammar. (Still spellcheck, obviously, haha, but loosen up a bit!) Write how you talk, and people will want to keep reading because it is entertaining! This isn’t a place to write scientific essays and college paper like essays. Be you, be yourself, and let the words flow from your heart through your fingertips!
- 5+ posts ready before you go live! When you first start your blog you want to have a few posts ready to go. So your first few weeks being live, you can pull those posts out and post them like THAT – with ease. I know when I first started my blog I was so excited that I went live, and then I PANICKED. I didn’t know what to write about – hello writers block! Now, I still try to keep a good amount of posts in my DRAFTS, so if writers block hits, I have ideas already thought up or started! This should help you stay consistent even through those times!
My Nominees for the Blogger Recognition Award
The Blogger Recognition Rules
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.